Sneads Ferry North Carolina: Letter to the Editor: Welcome to youth soccer in Onslow County, NC!
Share |

Sneads Ferry News from Yahoo! News

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Letter to the Editor: Welcome to youth soccer in Onslow County, NC!

To the Editor:

“Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we practice to deceive.” Welcome to youth soccer in Onslow County, NC!

Let us all ban together and view the beheading of our volunteers as they wrangle each other in the mud pool scrambling to the highest wrung on the food chain ladder. “He’s this, …… she’s that, …… they didn’t do it, …… they’re bad, ….. etc., etc.”

HELLO ?????? …….. It’s all about the kids! Really? Then why is the Eastern Carolina Soccer Association President threatening to shut down a club’s fields IF a particular man (no criminal history or violations) should attend a soccer game at that club’s fields? Yes, she’s going to punish everyone’s soccer playing children because she and the upper soccer aficionados do not have legal footing to stop an elderly law abiding, disabled US citizen, Viet Nam veteran, past local soccer club president from watching games that his nieces/nephews or friends play, on public property.

I, Tim Rose, Dixon Soccer Club President from 03’ – 09’, have been found to be in violation of a NC Youth Soccer Association Risk Management rule. Although the violation is 1/10th the violation of another club’s action here in Onslow County at the same time frame, I am suspended from participating in all NCYSA activities and events for 3 years. So much for “we are all fed from the same spoon” (the other soccer criminal received a slap-on-the-wrist). Yes I have “viewed” soccer games recently and will continue to enjoy youth sports competition. No I will never be a Coach, team manager, club officer, hot dog selling soda pushing field lining garbage emptying volunteer or score keeper in any NCYSA event ever again. If I wanted such, I would sit at home adhering to my 3 year suspension. I made a decision. I’m no longer a member!

To the ECSA and NCYSA, “not until I am charged and convicted of some crime against society will I ever surrender my freedoms.” You spread your terrorism through out youth soccer by yanking on the parent’s emotional chains and expect these free thinking Americans to respect you? Please put forth the document that each single member of your organization signed whereas they relinquish their freedom and constitutional rights to your soccer association. Your obvious goal to vilify me is your display of hypocrisy. The United States Soccer Federation determined upon appeal that your initial sanction in my case was “arbitrary and capricious” (abusing the possession of power) and ordered a re-hearing regarding the penalty phase. I state the foregoing in the name of transparency. Pull your heads out of the sand! Once you accomplish that take your tyranny and draconian practice and put it where the sun won’t shine!

The overwhelming majority of Onslow County soccer people participating now are not aware of prior NCYSA/ECSA foolishness and frankly “don’t care”. They want their young players to have fun, learn and excel. They practice “N.I.M.B.Y.” (not in my back yard) and will not be concerned until the proverbial ax is swung at them or their child. If and when that happens, it might be “too much gone by, too late” for any help they might seek for some seemingly small rule infraction.

Never have I ever experienced or witnessed such behavior as displayed by NCYSA / ECSA Officers. I would suggest that any business or other entity wishing to support youth sport do so other than NC Youth Soccer and Eastern Carolina Soccer Association.

Proud American, Proud USN Viet Nam Veteran, Proud single custodial Father,
Proud Soccer Dad, Proud Volunteer …… enjoying the freedom to express my opinion!

Tim Rose

Sneads Ferry News from Topix